Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Incidents - 2

Here's an assortment of random non-topical stuff from the past few weeks, it's been a while since I posted some original crappy stuff on the blog, so here goes...


My friend asked me if I've changed my ancient, non-digital-looking Nokia 2300 and I said, "No". He asked me why? I said, "A crappy mobile... it's like a bad GF, u wanna get rid of it, but u're just too poor for a new one!"

I went to Herbs and Spices this month with some of my friends and there was this waiter who was acting really weird. For e.g. we ordered 4 soups and when we asked him to repeat the order he totally got it wrong, sweet corn was replaced by lung fung, wtf? So we were all a bit irritated by what happened, then he gets the soup and we've not even had a taste of it when he says in a slightly rude tone, "Main course boliye". I look up at him and say, "Main course!"
All four of us burst out laughing, on hindsight it's one of those stupid incidents which I really hope I don't repeat again till I'm 90 years old and probably senile, but the waiter totally started behaving normally after that and we all had some silly fun. I can't really believe I actually did that, but I guess it's one of those things!

One keeps getting calls from all kinds of banks who are so eager to dish out loans and credit cards to me, it's almost as if they've got too much money with them. The thing is they've also become smart, they call from different phone numbers and each time it starts with, "Hello, is that Mr. XYZ" and Mr. XYZ is like, "Yeah". "I'm calling from Fraudibank, would you like a personal loan?" Mr. XYZ has no qualms in ending the call. But then the next day you get a call from Bank of Balochistan asking you if you want a BOB Card and you're wondering how many banks really are there in this world? Now after all the exaggeration in this incident, time for a real narrative, I got this call asking me, "Sir, we would like to designate for you a Wealth Manager, when would you be free to meet him?" I say, "As soon as I have some wealth!"

That's all folks!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats a great laugh after a long time! Amazing

Anshul Nagori said...

Too good.. :)

Amit J said...

haha!

akshay said...

cool n funny...!!!

Sanjeev said...

nice...!!! i had this incident.. we had gone to some hotel annapurna, cos apparently there was this free thali or some very cheap thali, called the fast food thali.. and we thot why not try it..
we sat there.. and were waiting.. and no one was coming to take our order.. (we were allowed a choice of fastfood, hence the waiter)
after a long time i really got irritated, and called out loudly, "aho annapurna, ithe ya na"... (there was the name annapurna embroidered on the waiters shirt, and i took that as his name, ofcourse intentionally)
we were laughing for so much time..
such incidents are really very nice..!! :)