Saturday, December 6, 2008

Why is this blog like this?

The word "gall" means brazen boldness coupled with impudent assurance and insolence.


Ok, a friend of mine actually had the gall to ask me, "why is ur blog like this?". I asked him to elaborate, he said... "It's mostly not-serious, you don't tell anything about your personal life, you mostly discuss COEP, TV, movies, books, girls, cricket... there's no real life thing!"

Well, so before any of you ever have such a query in your mind, here's my detailed answer:

1. If you are looking for answers to questions in life, don't look for them on my blog.
2. Writing "serious stuff" on a blog will not kill terrorists or improve/worsen the state of our nation.
3. My blog is not a personal diary so I don't write crap about my personal life.
4. I do write a lot about Girls, but then those posts are usually accompanied by hot photos of them, so even if you don't want to read the content, I think you shouldn't feel let down.
5. I assume people who visit my blog are literate and hence there is a possibility they may be interested in books, that's why I write about books.
6. I like cricket, a lot of people I know like cricket, no harm in writing about cricket.
7. TV and Movies, if you eliminate those 2, then apart from the internet, we're back in the 16th century.
8. "There's no real life thing..." I don't really have an answer to that one, wtf is a "real life thing"? Well anyways here's my answer, if you want a "real life thing", get off your computer and go into the "real life" and you may just find a "thing"

There are different types of bloggers, some people put every moment of their life on their blog, so here's me showing you what different genre blogs could look like...


1. The kind of blog where people write stuff about their personal life -

Today was a nice day, I am feeling good.... At 2 pm I had lunch with my friends. Then I went to sleep. I woke up, and I realized I had feelings for Rohini. Oh Rohini, if you are reading this, I love you!

--------------------------------------------------

2. The kind of blog where people write down every mundane detail about their life -

I sat down in front of the computer, I pushed the power on button, it took a minute to start, I logged on to the Internet, I opened my blog, I started typing, I am feeling sleepy while typing this, I wonder if the readers also go to sleep while reading this blog... zzzzzzzzz.

-----------------------------------------

3. The kind of blog where people write stuff about relationships -

Day 1: Sometimes in life one wakes up in the morning and wonders, why don't I have a partner. Someone who I can share my life with.

Day 2: I saw this girl today in college, she was hot, I'll ask her out tomorrow

Day 3: She has a boy friend... sniff sniff :(

Day 400: She finally broke up with that idiot, now's my chance. Don't worry baby, I will be your man!

Day 401: Someone already asked her out... sniff sniff :(

Day 500: I will wait for her!

Day 900: She got married... to someone else, on the bright side, I met this girl in office, she is hot, I think I'll ask her out tomorrow

[And the cycle continues]

------------------------------------------------------

4. The kind of blog where people only write serious stuff -

Yes, our country is in deep trouble... yes we need to change. Politicians are corrupt and inept. Where is India's Obama?
There is this really hot model who I saw at the airport, she is a Victoria's Secret Fashion Model, but I won't write about her or post a picture of her, because the important thing is, the airport security needs to be commented upon. It was really inept. Why focus on a super model when I can comment on the nation's security?
I am sure that the Prime Minister or some Minister will read my blog and have an epiphany about the way our country should be governed. Hell... maybe I can rewrite the Constitution on my blog!

--------------------------------------------


Ok, now this post has become way to long... but the point is, blogging about serious stuff or non-serious stuff is a personal choice, the important part is that if someone is wasted enough to view your blog, he shouldn't be let down. If he expects a serious blog, he can go to serious blogs, but on this blog if you expect serious posts, well I'm sorry. If you think you'll get a juicy piece of gossip on the blog, you'll be let down.

But if you want to read about some nice shows which are worth recommending, or about some movies, or frustrated but comic episodes of a COEP Engineer's life, or just some useless but fun stuff... this is not a bad place!

3 comments:

Shantanu said...

Who the f*** ws tht jackass who said "there's no real life thing!"??? COEP, TV, movies, books, girls, cricket...thts not real life??? in fact thts most of wht exists (and shud exist) in ur world, at age 21!!! :)

ignore idiots who cant value a gud 'thng' whn they see one...i, for one, love ur blog, which automatically makes me a frequent visitor...tht joker wud b bettr off attending lectures by Mr. Kamble of Applied Physics fame, for al hs serious tks on life...

Aniruddha said...

Man, this blog is real good. Keep it up, dude. Dont listen to ne dumbos.

Anuprit said...

I just love this blog!! Your reviews of movies and stuff are anytime worth reading than critics.