Saturday, October 24, 2009

Can you spot the difference... err... similarity?

I don't want to go into discussing plagiarism on the blog, but I had to write this post on the blog. I recently heard the song Shukran Allah from the upcoming movie Kurbaan and immediately I had this huge feeling that I've heard this before, a few minutes later I remembered where. Now the song Shukran Allah is one of those songs that has a 20 second bit that is the best part of the song while the rest is average fair.

Here are two links, the first is the video for Shukran Allah on Youtube and the other is a video of the song The Journey by Dolores O'Riordan. The rest is for you fellas to decide.

Shukran Allah from Kurban

The Journey [Please jump to the 1st minute 11th second of the video]

Another massive massive instance I can remember is from the movie Dillagi, it's a song called Haan Haan Mujhe Pyar Hai, unbelievable how similar the two songs are. Here are the links, check them out and decide for yourself.

Can't Take My Eyes Off You


Haan Haan Mujhe Pyaar Hai (Dillagi)


The videos make it quite clear which song came first.

But what once can't digest is these songs didn't come from the famed Anu Malik, the song Shukran Allah is by Salim Sulaiman and the music for Dillagi was given by Jatin Lalit and Shankar Ehsaan and Loy.

Anyways, plagiarism in movie songs is nothing new, but the Shukraan Allah thingy was something I had to post since the song will surely be played a lot during promotion of the movie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Aya hun yaaro..dil apna leke"
from Akele Hum Akele Tum was lifted from
Deep Purple's classic
"Sweet child in time...don't you see the line"

The title song of the same is a lift of the theme of The Godfather
No one beats Anu malik!