One Blog to rule them all...
Established on 30th December 2006
Friday, July 16, 2010
Inception - Movie Review
A couple of years ago, around the same time of the year I saw a Christopher Nolan masterpiece, which IMHO was the best movie of the year, for those who are unfortunate enough to have not guessed it, I refer to The Dark Knight.
Two years later, I walked in the same movie hall, to watch another Christopher Nolan masterpiece. This man doesn't disappoint. He is the kind of director who can make a brilliant movie and make it in such a way that it enthralls the mass audience. It's two movies in a row that have had insane amounts of hype associated with them and have delivered far beyond what you can imagine before the first reel begins.
Inception is a movie whose story I will not even begin to explain in this review, you just have to watch it. But what I will do, is tell you just how good it is and why.
1. It has an amazing story line. It's simple stuff with complex implications. A dream within a dream, easy enough to understand for anyone. The dialogue in the movie isn't random sci-fi jargon.
2. Really good performances. I saw this random AFP link which said 'Inception is good but it needed The Joker'. Now whoever writes such bakwaas should be fired from his movie reviewing job. The movie has a stellar star cast, and everyone delivers.
3. Awesome action scenes. Without faking grandness, Nolan gives us awesome special effects which are amazingly worked into the story, just like in all his movies. The final hour of the film, is possibly one of the most complicated and perfect action sequences put on film. You have to constantly pay attention to remember all of the layers of what is happening.
4. Tempo. The movie has awesome tempo. The first half while moving the story forward, explains the technical workings of the new world that is the backdrop of the movie. Everything is explained and the concepts are great. Then the second half is jam packed with story thrills as well as amazing action set pieces. What is stunning is how Nolan gets the 'sci' so spot on along with the 'fi'.
5. The last scene. The movie's last scene is what gives the audience a collective gasp of appreciating Nolan's brilliance.
I won't say anymore. I just saw the best movie of the year!