Friday, August 15, 2008

Singh Is Kinng - WTF!

I spent more than 2 hours of my life watching a movie which should've been banned by the Censor Board for being by far the worst movie with A list actors!
How did Akshay Kumar do this one... come on dude, am sure you ain't that cash starved that you've got to do a movie which is worse than Mr. & Mrs. Khiladi and Aflatoon [which were thus far considered some of your crappiest work till date]!
Katrina Kaif, please learn Hindi... you're hot, that's fine; but please don't ruin that by talking in the worst accented Hindi that beats Salman's accented English!
Om Puri and Kirron Kher were the only funny people in this flick along with Javed Jafferey [his Mica song was one of the few watchable moments in this awful film along with the Snoop Dogg song at the credits]
But what is stupefying is the kind of success this movie is enjoying! Highest grossing opening weekend ever! WTF man! People have you all collectively lost it. Ratings of 3.5 by Rediff - dude are you sure you saw SIK? I give it -5 for all those who care about ratings.

This Independence Day I request all awesome movie Directors like Ashutosh Gowariker to make more than 1 movie in 2 years... please rescue Indian cinema. I saw the deleted scenes of Jodhaa Akbar and even they were more entertaining than the best parts of SIK. Sadly movie revenues are now decided completely by promotional campaigns and hype than quality!
When Tashan, Ta Ra Rum Pum etc flopped, I thought that maybe finally the era of pathetic movies becoming hits will come to an end, but SIK totally raises the bar [or lowers it] to a new level!

4 comments:

vijay said...

yeah you are correct, Film like SWADES turns out to be a flop and movies like SIK (I haven't watched movie but i know Harsh is reliable source.), murder turns out to be a hit. Give it a break man ! Donn we deserve value for money ???

Sameer said...

Aah i was thinking of watching it on comp today..... :|

deltaX said...

Good.... I think I can give up the little bit of desire, that remained in me, to watch the movie... As it is I thought the movie to be a pathetic one from the posters...

Shantanu said...

Well said...
I gues u'll enjoy this!
http://shantanukurhekar.blogspot.com/2008/08/two-sides-of-same-coin.html